Thursday 9 May 2013

Contrast-Suitability For an Audition

I think the two monologues are very suitable for an audition. I think this is because they are both very contrasting monologues. The first one I am performing is very serious and involves a lot of strong emotions such as hate, anger and sadness. Whereas the second monologue is comic and light hearted. This shows my versatility to be able to do different styles of drama.
Another contrast is accents. The first monologue is set in England, therefore i will have an English accent. Whereas in the other piece I will have a Southern American accent as my character is from Southern America. This shows that as an actor I am able to do different accents well.
I think these are suitable for an audition because of the age the characters are. One is 16 and the other is 24. Even though I am not 24 myself it is still close to my age and I could put myself in her shoes. And 16 is very close to my age so I can relate to some of the issues she is dealing with.
Although I have never experienced an illness such as leukaemia. I could relate to other issues close to this in order to get the right emotional effect I want to show. We also did a devised piece recently where I had to play a girl with Leukaemia, so in order to play that part I had to do a lot of research on the illness and how it effected a person, so I could use the knowledge I gained in that to perform the monologue convincingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment