Monday 10 June 2013

Evaluation



When I performed my monologue to the audition panel I think I used my body gestures and movement well to emphasise my emotions and to to show the audience where I was. By folding my arms and pacing about, looking stage left continuously and pointing in that direction showed the audience that I was angry and jealous, also it showed that I was on my own as I kept pointing to the distance to show I was talking about somebody after they left. This came across in my performance as in my feedback I was told that it was a believable realistic performance.
I also showed my emotions through my voice. Because I knew the translation well. It gave me a better understanding of what each line meant and how she was feeling. So I used this knowledge to show through my vocals that she was jealous and angry.
There is a change in moods towards the end of my monologue and because there is only two mood in this piece I wanted to make sure that it was noticeable to the audience when the change in mood was. I did this by uncrossing my arms, pacing slightly more around the space to show I was planning. I also stopped looking stage left. To show I was focused on my plan and not them. I showed a more excited expression on my face to show that I was excited for my plan and to show that my character thought it was a good plan.
Overall I think I showed a good understanding of the monologue through my emotions, diction and by using the space around me effectively in my performance. This showed the audience that I knew what I was saying and the right emotions to go along with it.

I then got told I had to perform the monologue again, but this time I had to pretend I was a typical teenage girl in her bedroom. I decided to do my monologue on the floor to show I was sitting on a bed in my bedroom and I was writing in my diary instead of referencing to someone. I also acted out throwing the diary half way through my monologue to show I was a typical teenage girl throwing a tantrum because she didn't get her way. I also made my tone more winey and high pitched to get across that I was a stereotypical teenage girl. I also crossed my arms and legs, showing that I was moody and angry. I also made my movement a lot more sharp to emphasise my anger. I also made sure I didn't move from the bed because I also want to show that she is still quite vulnerable and upset because her 'boyfriend' has just left her for someone else. I also made sure my vocals were projected more making sure I was shouting at some points to show the tantrum of a teenage girl.
I think I showed my emotion well in this performance though my vocal and physical skills. I think I also used different parts of the monologue well to show different states of tension and emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment